In mission control centers, a major part of the ground segment is the front-end and back-end software which is used to assist payload and system operators in their daily tasks. Yamcs (short for Yet another mission control system) is a software package that positions itself as a lightweight alternative to traditional heavyweight Mission Control Systems.
Yamcs is a cost-efficient suite of tools for spacecraft, payload and ground segment operations preparation, execution and spacecraft AIT.
For development purposes, all the software can run on a developer’s computer or laptop.
Sponsored by Space Applications Services
Space Applications Services develops and operates control centres for spacecraft, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, Unmanned Ground Vehicles as well as Unmanned Sea Vehicles. The control centres are used for Earth observation, human spaceflight, Urban Search and Rescue, Maritime Search and Rescue, as well as operating ROVs on off-shore rigs.
If you are interested in Yamcs and would consider using Yamcs in your project or mission, please contact Space Applications using the details available at http://www.spaceapplications.com/contact.
- Belgian User Operations and Support Centre (B.USOC)
- Centre d’aide au développement des activités en micro-pesanteur et des opérations spatiales (CADMOS)
- Dutch User Operations and Support Centre (Erasmus)
- European Robotic Arm (ERA) Support Centre
- Atomic Clock Ensemble in Space (ACES) Ground Segment